The Paw Print

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Athlete Spotlight: Mason Lamb

Courtesy of Mason Lamb

Mason Lamb, a senior football player at Heritage High School, is 17 years old. He played tight end as a junior, but this year he is an offensive lineman. Lamb has been playing in high school football for four years.

Lamb started playing football at the age of six. He began to play football after watching his father play the sport, “My dad played football and I really liked watching it.” His love for the sport led him to continue playing in high school.

Lamb has learned a lot from playing football. For example how to be a leader, “You are kinda thrusted into things especially as a senior.” Another skill is being able to get past something like losing a game or not having good practice. One of the ways Lamb trains for football is by doing some running but mainly doing a lot of weight lifting. Lamb’s favorite thing about high school football is having a group of people who all think alike, “There definitely is a community-like family aspect and I think that is really awesome.”

One thing Lamb recommends to those joining high school football is having the correct mindset. He emphasized the importance of having a fun mindset and to not stress about it too much, “I almost did not play my senior year because I put too much stress on myself, but I came out and had a different mindset.” Lamb says to remember to get out there and just have fun because this is just a high school sport.

While this is the last year for Lamb playing football as he is not continuing on to college. His plans for the future in college is to try and join a lot of clubs as well as intramural sports.