Hoco Spirit Week

Peyton Fisher, HHS Homecoming Spirit Week

Homecoming Spirit Week is considered by many students to be the best week of the entire school year, and it’s pretty obvious why. Students get to dress up and have a fun, stress-free week leading up to homecoming. The schedule for the spirit days were meme day for Monday, rapper vs. rocker day for Tuesday, USA-out for Wednesday, turn back time day for Thursday, and class colors for Friday.

On Monday, students showed up to school dressed up as their favorite meme or vine. The freshman representative dressed up as the vine, “So you just gonna bring me a birthday gift on my birthday to my birthday party on my birthday with a birthday gift.” The representative for the sophomore class dressed up in a mossy, monster-like costume, however, it is not known which meme/vine it represented. The junior class representative dressed up as Kermit the frog, holding a sign with the signature phrase that read, “But that’s just none of my business.” The senior class representative dressed up as the vine, “I ain’t get no sleep cause of y’all.” The freshmen received last place, sophomores received third place, juniors received second place, and seniors received first place.

On Monday, students showed up to school dressed up as their favorite meme or vine. The freshmen received last place, sophomores received third place, juniors received second place, and seniors received first place.

On Tuesday, students dressed up as either their favorite rapper or rocker. The representative for the freshmen dressed up in a black band tee and a curly wig, representing a rocker. The representative for the sophomores wore a blue tracksuit, sunglasses, and a neon orange visor, representing a rapper. The junior representative dressed up in a full rocker ensemble, complete with a guitar. The senior’s representative dressed up as Hannah Montana if she ever were to be a rapper, wearing a bright pink baseball cap and sparkly black leggings. In last place, was the sophomores, juniors in third, freshmen came in second, and the seniors received first place again.

On Tuesday, students dressed up as either their favorite rapper or rocker. In last place, was the sophomores, juniors in third, freshmen came in second, and the seniors received first place again.

On Wednesday, students went all out with the patriotic theme of USA Day. The vibrant colors of red, white, and blue flourished throughout Heritage that day. The representative for the freshman class wore an American flag scarf, bright red tutu, and a shiny tiara. The sophomore representative was impressively dressed exactly like the Statue of Liberty, green face and all. The junior’s representative carried a Captain America shield and waved a huge American flag around. The senior representatives creatively dressed up as the American flag, with two girls as the fifty stars and two other girls as the thirteen stripes. The senior class won first place, followed by the sophomores in second, then the juniors in third, and the freshmen in last.

For USA Day, students went all out with the patriotic theme. The senior class won first place, followed by the sophomores in second, then the juniors in third, and the freshmen in last.

On Thursday, students dressed up from different decades for Turn Back Time Day. The sophomores won first place; the representatives, Lexi Howard and Ryan Benson, dressed up as Britney Spears’ and Justin Timberlake’s 2001 denim-on-denim red carpet look. The seniors got second place, then the juniors, and the freshmen came in last place.

Students dressed up from different decades for Turn Back Time Day. Picture via Katelyn Jones from Instagram.

On the last day, students wore their class colors – white for freshmen, black for sophomores, red for juniors, and togas for seniors. The seniors won first place, numerous representatives creatively dressed as the gods and goddess of Olympus. The juniors came in second place, the sophomores came in third place, and the freshmen placed last.

On Friday, students wore their class colors – white for freshmen, black for sophomores, red for juniors, and togas for seniors.