Mr. Ford is Headed to County

Kenny Ford wears one of his farewell gifts, a Heritage Pride jacket. Mr. Ford has been part of the Pride community since the school opened in 2002.

Hollie Wilburn, Editor

Kenny Ford, Heritage’s building engineer, is transferring to Loudoun County High School. County-wide administration requested this switch to provide an opportunity for the building engineers to have experience in more than one building. Mr. Ford dedicated almost 17 years at Heritage.

Mr. Ford started his time at Heritage as a custodian back in 2002. Over the years, he moved up and eventually became the building engineer. He fixed almost everything in the building, from water fountains to air vents. Although most of his work was done behind the scenes, Mr. Ford has a big presence in the Heritage community. In 2003, he was voted “Most Talkative” faculty member, along with Prof. Biggers. More recently, students came together in Pride Time to craft cards for Mr. Ford, thanking him and wishing him well. The Heritage administration joined in, too, gifting Mr. Ford a Heritage jacket, a County tee-shirt, and a customized wooden sign, among other things.

Although we have to say farewell to Mr. Ford, we get to meet Bob Jackson, Heritage’s new building engineer, who hails from County.

• Mr. Adam lead the faculty and students of Heritage in bidding Mr. Ford farewell.

• Mr. Ford opens up another farewell gift: his first Loudoun County Raiders T-shirt. Mr. Ford will be working as the building engineer at LCHS starting March 21, 2019.

• In Heritage’s very first yearbook (2003), Kenny Ford and Maria Biggers (Spanish teacher) were voted as “Most Talkative” faculty members.

• Mr. Ford has been part of Heritage High School since the school opened in 2002.