Rising Star of HHS

Avery Knapp, a sophomore at Heritage, hopes to become a professional actress.

Aisha Ahmadi, Staff Writer

Heritage High School is filled with people of many diverse talents. There are students with aspirations trying to make it in big industries such as music, modeling, acting, etc. Growing up in Loudoun County, some of these dreams might seem impossible to accomplish, but some students continue to strive for their dream, despite all odds. One of these people being Avery Knapp, a sophomore at Heritage High.
Avery Knapp wants to become an actress and eventually move to Hollywood or go on Broadway to pursue her dream. Knapp is involved in the Heritage theater program as well as community theater outside of school and believes it’ll give her more experience and preparation for later on in her career. “I’m trying really hard to get parts for every play I’ve auditioned for and I’m also taking singing lessons outside of school,” said Knapp. When asked how she is contributing to her goal as of now, Knapp responded, “I know theater programs in Washington DC that are great at getting your name out there.” Knapp says that school is affecting her dream in many ways such as all the stress of schoolwork and pressure that some teachers put on their students. “Being a part of theater comes with a lot of competition because of all the other talented actors and actresses who have similar mindsets as me,” said Knapp. As of people who don’t believe in her, Knapp says she tells herself that by being herself, other people’s opinions shouldn’t matter.
Avery Knapp is a rising star of HHS, and when she becomes famous, we will have the pleasure of saying we knew her first!