Athelete Q and A-Cole Broyhill

Kayla Douglas, Staff Writer

Cole Broyhill is a junior at Heritage High School on the varsity football team. Broyhill plays the receiver position on the team, and has been playing football since he was 7 years old. He has made a lot of new friends and has strengthened bonds with friends he had prior to being on the team. Broyhill mentioned that during practices players socialize amongst each other, but also keep their mind focussed on the upcoming game. “The vibe has changed to being more happy and energetic, versus being run down and not wanting to be there,” Broyhill mentioned. The week leading up to the second playoff game has seemed to be running very slow for Broyhill, as he is just very excited and ready for game day against Tuscarora High School. Since being on the team, Broyill has had less time to spend with family and friends, and even sometimes has limited time to complete homework and school work. Overall Broyhill is very happy about being on the team and is proud of how the team has come along. Before games Broyhill tries to stay calm and not worry to much about the game and get ahead of himself. He tries to stay in a good mindset, and just remember all the plays he’s learned, and the improvements he’s made.