Fine Arts Feature-Sarah Reeve

• Sarah Reeve playing at a football game

• Sarah Reeve practicing show routine on flag

• Sarah Reeve practicing show routine on rifile

Kayla Douglas, Editor

Sarah Reeve practicing a show routine on rifile

Sarah Reeve is a senior and is very active in the fine arts department at Heritage since her freshman year. Reeve is a part of the color guard section in the marching band for performances as well as plays the saxophone in the stands with the rest of the band at football games. Outside of the competition season she also plays saxophone in symphonic band, jazz band, and pit orchestra. Out of all of these she has definitely enjoys pit orchestra the most. “I love sitting there and just getting to help out with the Spring musical and potentially the Winter musical because you get to meet so many new people, not even just people in the pit orchestra ,“ Reeve mentioned. Although fine arts are often overlooked and passed off for sports and other clubs it is a fantastic way to creatively challenge and express yourself. Reeve goes on to say, “playing my instrument is a blessing sort of, it gets a lot of my stress out and allows me to express musically how I want to feel.” She especially enjoys doing jazz improv solos where she gets full creative ability and just wings it and sees what happens. There is no doubt that playing music holds a special place in Reeves’ heart. She has been playing saxophone for 8 years along with also knowing several other instruments. Reeve is one talented and gifted senior here at Heritage High-School and clearly loves what she does.

Sarah Reeve practicing show routine on a flag
Sarah Reeve playing at a football game