The Minds Behind the Heritage Pride Volleyball Program

Emma Sihavong, Editor in Chief

This week’s interview follows Josh Judd, and Morgan St. Laurent, who are coaches for our Heritage High School’s Varsity Volleyball team. They both also contribute tremendous amounts of time to the succession of our volleyball program here at Heritage.

Before our Varsity team played Lightridge High School, I got the opportunity to interview both coaches, and they gave some insight on what they expected with the rest of their season, moving forward.

Q: “What are you most excited for with coaching varsity?

Judd: “Just keeping our traditions going, and hopefully pulling off the rest of the season with a better outcome then we started with.”

Morgan: “Just hanging out with everybody and getting to know all the girls. I know everybody because of school, but now I know them as players, and I love them.”

Q:“What inspired you to start coaching here?”

Judd: “My family is a big coaching family, so I have been around that area for a while, so I thought once I graduated I would pick up coaching.”

Morgan: “I work here, and I played here. Funny enough I did not play varsity here, and I really wanted to have an opportunity with that, and even though I did not get to play, this is sort of a similar experience.”

Q:“What game are you most excited for this season?”

Judd: “Loudoun Valley 100%.”

Morgan: “First Responders Night, because that’s my little pet project planning that. I think once that game is done, I am really excited to play Tuscarora and County.”

Q:“What do you do to keep your athletes in a positive mindset?” 

Judd: “Yell at them.”

Morgan: “Be positive with them. Just tell them what they are doing right. Everyone is so critical of themselves, and I know that, and it is so hard not to be critical, so being nice to my athletes is what I do.”