The Paw Print

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Athlete of the Week: Max Barlow

Max Barlow is a 15-year-old basketball player who plays guard for Heritage’s freshman basketball team. He started playing basketball six years ago. Barlow plays basketball as a way to pass time and have something to do. Barlow was also motivated by his father. “My dad motivated me because he used to play basketball.”

Barlow’s favorite part of the sport would be how action-packed it is. “That is a fast pace.” Additionally, by playing basketball, Barlow said his teamwork skills have improved. However, he did mention how he would like to get better at playing defense. Nonetheless, he improves himself by throwing free throws. Barlow said that his highlight of the season is just being a part of the game, “Just getting to play the sport.” 

Something Barlow said he would tell those that are playing is that by playing more, you will get better in time, “You get better by playing more.” Additionally, his goal for next season is to get better. Barlow said he will get there by playing more, “I want to get better at the game, so I can play better.”