A Senior Looks Back: Anthony Galan’s High School Experience

Nate Workneh, Staff Writer

Meet one of the meme lords of Heritage High School. He is part of the class of 2019 and this is his story.  Anthony was born in Fairfax, then moved to Sterling, and now lives in Leesburg VA. He went to Tolbert Elementary School, then graduated to Harper Park Middle School, and today he’s a 12th grader at Heritage High School. When he first stepped in the door of Heritage High School, he felt scared but also excited and hopeful for his future.

As the years went on he became more comfortable and outgoing.He also started to make better choices and being more mature. His favorite part about High School was being with his friends and having fun while also completing the hard tasks of school. His notable advancement would be having a 4.0 GPA and also learning how to drive and getting his licence with the help of the schools drivers ed program.

Something Anthony regrets and encourages people not to do is to overthink simple situations and sometimes to be passive in some situations. He also recommends Heritage to his sister in Frederick Douglass Elementary school who is looking to be a freshman in 2024. Anthony wants to go to Virginia Tech in the 2019-2020 school year and is looking to pursue his future in Computer Science.