The Paw Print

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Top 5 Games in Super Bowl History

With the Super Bowl over and the Kansas City Chiefs winning an incredible thrilling game over the 49ers. Making it their third Super Bowl in five years official becoming a Dynasty. Now we’ll rank five of the best Super Bowls in NFL history.

5. One Yard Short: Super Bowl XXXIV

Super Bowl XXXIV was between the St. Louis Rams and the Tennessee Titans in Atlanta. The Rams finished 13-3 and had arguably the greatest offense of all time “The Greatest Show on Turf.”  It was led by hall of famers Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, and Isaac Bruce, and Orlando Pace. The Titans also finished 13-3 led by Steve Mcnair, Eddie George, and Frank Wycheck. The Titans were lucky to make this far, in the wildcard they beat the Bills 22-16 with the music city miracle. In the game the Rams jumped out to a 16-0 lead in the third quarter, but the Titans came back by two Eddie George touchdowns and a tying field goal with 2:12 left in the game. The Rams had a 16 second yard drive capped off by a 73 yard Isaac Bruce touchdown. But the Titans wouldn’t give up, quickly driving down to the Rams 10-yard line with six seconds left in the game. Steve Mcnair completed a pass at the 4-yard line to Kevin Dyson, but Rams middle linebacker Mike Jones tackled short of the end zone as time expired. Kurt Warner the league would win Super Bowl MVP throwing for 412 yards and 2 touchdowns.

4. Should’ve Ran it: Super Bowl 49

Super Bowl 49 took  place in Glendale, Arizona between the 12-4 reigning Super Bowl champions, Seahawks who were headlined by their “Legion of Boom” defense with star players, Kam Chancellor, Earl, Thomas, Bobby, Wagner and Richard Sherman. They also had a great offense, led by, Russell, Wilson, and Marshawn Lynch. The Patriots were led by legendary quarterback Tom Brady, with the great receiving core compiled by Rob Gronkowski, Danny Amendola, and Julian Edelman. After a slow first half the score was 14-14 at halftime, and the Seahawks would quickly take the lead scoring 10 in the third quarter, but the patriots slowly stormed back scoring 14 in the fourth taking the lead with 2:02 left in the game. With the score being 28 to 24 the Seahawks started moving down the field looking for a game-winning touchdown, and after a insane catch by Jermaine Kearse that brought them to the five Seahawks were yards away from winning their second straight Super Bowl, but Malcolm Butler intercepted Russell Wilsons pass at the 1 yard line, winning them the game. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll receive scrutiny for not running the ball at the 1 yard line with the leagues best running back Marshawn Lynch. With Tom Brady, winning MVP for throwing 328 yards and four touchdowns

3. Helmet Catch: Super Bowl 42

Super Bowl took place in Glendale, Arizona between the Patriots who  finished 16-0 and are widely considered the greatest team the all time becoming the second  team ever finish the regular season undefeated. Led by the star players, Tom Brady, Randy moss, Mike Rabel, and Asante, Samuel. They lead the Patriots to having the number one ranked offense number four ranked defense as well as having the league MVP in Tom Brady. And the Giants finished 10-6 snuck getting the 5th wildcard seed. Led by Eli Manning, Jeremy Shockey, and Plaxico Burress. Playoffs Giants beat the top two seeds, the Packers in division, rival Cowboys to advance to the Super Bowl in the Super Bowl. It was a slow first half being a 7-3 game after a Lawrence Maroney rushing touchdown. The game would heat up in the fourth quarter with Randy moss catching a go ahead touchdown with 2:40 left the game. As the Giants went down the field take a lead David Tyree would make one of the most memorable catches in NFL history known as the “helmet catch” Plaxico Burress catching the game when he touchdown with 35 seconds remaining Winning game, 17 14 With the MVP going to Eli Manning for throwing 255 yards and 2 touchdowns

2. Incredible Sideline Catch:Super Bowl 43

Super Bowl took place in Tampa, Florida between the 12-4 Pittsburgh Steelers who didn’t have a great offense, but were led by one of the greatest defenses of all time led by players,  Troy, Polamalu, James Harrison James, Farrier, Ike, Taylor, and Ryan Clark. the 9-7 Cardinals were the opposite Steelers having a lackluster defense, but great offense led by former MVP, Kurt Warner and one the best wide receiver duos in the league Larry Fitzgerald, and Anquan Bolden. In the Super Bowl, the Steelers went out to 10 lead. But the Cardinals would quickly score a touchdown, making the three-point game and as half as expiring and the Cardinals were looking to take the lead d lineman, James Harrison would intercept a  pass in the end zone and would take it 100 yards for a pick 6. And with seven minutes left in the game and the Cardinals down by 13 Larry Fitzgerald was scored touchdown bring the lead down to six. A few minutes later, Cardinals would get a safety and they would waste no time scoring a 64 yard touchdown by Larry Fitzgerald, taking the lead by three with 2:30 remaining in two minutes the Steelers would go down the field, making it to the Cardinals 6 yard line looking to score and win the game wide receiver Santonio Holmes made incredible sideline catch with 30 seconds left to win the Steelers the game. With the MVP going to Santonio Homes for catching nine passes for 131 yards in a touchdown

1. 28-3: Super Bowl 51

Super Bowl 51 took place in Houston, Texas between the 14-2 Patriots with one of the best offenses and defenses in the league, they were led by Tom Brady, Legarrette Blunt, Julian, Edelman, and Rob Gronkowski the 11-5 Falcons had one of the worst defenses in the league, but had the best offenses league led by the MVP, Matt Ryan, Devonta Freeman, Julio Jones, and Muhammad Sanu. In one of the most memorable games of all time the Falcons took a 21 to 3 lead going into half. After Tevin Coleman touchdown early in the third quarter to make it 28 to 3 the game looks surely over but the Patriots would quickly score a rushing touchdown to make it 9 to 28 after a missed PT. With nine minutes left in the game, the Patriots will get a field goal to make it 12-28. Their defense would quickly stop them getting the ball scoring again making it 20 to 28 after a two-point conversion by James White. The Patriots would force the Falcons to punt but the Falcons pinned them down to the patriots own 9 yard line with 3:30 minutes to play needing a 91 yard drive to tie the game with 2:30 minutes in the game. Around midfield Julian Edelman will make one the greatest catch of all time barely catching the ball as it was about to hit the ground. The Patriots will continue driving down the field scoring with 56 seconds of the game and making their two point conversion to tie, the game would later go to overtime becoming the first Super Bowl and NFL history to go in overtime. The Patriots would only need four minutes for James White to score the game winning touchdown. And the Super Bowl MVP going to Tom Brady for his record breaking 4 Super Bowl MVP for throwing 466 yards and two touchdowns.